I grew up watching old movies, I’ll never forget the first time I realized that they were still making movies… Yeah, I grew up under a rock. My Mimi is an old movie buff and one my besties growing up had the best old VHS collections. These are the movies I get an itch to watch once summer starts.
- My Sister Eileen. This is one of my all time favorite! It has Jack Lemmon in it, need I say more? Funny movie about two sisters who move to NYC to make it big. It is a musical and the title number cracks me up every time.
- The Parent Trap. I will always love the Haley Mills version. How fabulous are those party dresses? Summer camp never looked more glamorous! It is also totally acceptable to watch the Lindsay Lohan version.
- Bells are Ringing. This is one I forgot about until yesterday, I was thrifting and found a vinyl of the soundtrack. Score! Judy Holliday stars as an answering service operator who falls in love over the phone with one of her customers, but she always pretends to be a motherly 63 years old. Such a good one!
- On Moonlight Bay. This classic Doris Day film is probably the reason I love Doris Day so much! Tomboy Doris Day falls in love with the boy next-door Gordon McRae.
- Summer Magic. Another Haley Mills classic. I still have dreams of one day throwing a lawn party like the Careys. This movie also might be one of the reasons I love yellow so much.
Note: I am able to find all of these movies at my local library.