- Umm, what if I told you I was back? What if I promise to share some of my favorite things, greatest adventures, and a little encouragement? Would you forgive me? Thanks, you’re my favorite!
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée. I might have an addiction, err collection(three is a collection right?) I’ve always been a pink lip gloss kinda girl and even though this falls into the more nude category, it has the best natural lip color. And did I mention moisturizing!?! It does that too!
- Good Battle Tours. My latest adventure was to Israel! Incredible! I could not recommend Good Battle Tours more. It Included the greatest group of people, a fearless leader, amazing food, incredible sites, and walking where Jesus walked. I am working on a full recap, expect wacky Brooke Alline commentary and behind-the-scenes footage. (Wink Wink) If you have ever desired to see the Holy Land, Good Battle Tours is one of the best tours I have ever traveled with and would go again in a heartbeat.
Please read this while listening to Steven Curtis Chapman’s The Great Adventure with the Prologue. You’re welcome.
I know guys! y’all have been waiting on pins and needles to see the photos from my trip! I know most of you can’t believe that I, Brooke Alline, actually spent 72 hours straight outside, cliff jumped in The Grand Canyon, and used a river for a restroom! But I did! And I LOVED IT!
I have traveled a good bit and I’ve seen some things, but this trip into the Grand Canyon has been hands down the best three days of my life. I loved every single moment of this trip. If you ever have the opportunity to raft The Grand Canyon, do it!
Mim and The Chief
After flying into Las Vegas (We saw nothing here, The Chief made sure of it!), we headed over to small private airfield that flew us into the Arizona Strip to our accommodations at the Bar10 ranch. Flying over the canyon to start of the trip was an incredible precursor to the trip.
Sunset over the Canyon
After an afternoon of horseback riding, cowboy stories, and drinking lots of water we were treated to a gorgeous show over the Canyon.
Bright and early Helicopter ride
Early the next morning the helicopters started coming up from the canyon with rafters who had done the upper portion of the river(we did the short lower half).
They dropped us at rivers edge and loaded us up!
This was one of our first stops and one of my favorites. I am touching basement rock (from Creation week) and tapeats sandstone (laid down by the Flood) at the same time! Awesome!
Not the best photo, but this is the group in front of one the few spots that you can see all the way to the rim!
Loved traveling with these people!
Inside the Travertine Grotto
“I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.”
Apparently, it surprises people that I was touching up my toenail polish in the bottom of The Canyon. The color is watermelon, if you were wondering.
Tourist photos with this child!
Nothing better then traveling with your best buddy!
Last view of The Canyon.
One of my favorite things that was said during the week was by John from Canyon Ministries, He said ” In the old Testament, the Israelites were commanded to pile rocks by the side of the Jordan river so that they would have reminders to tell their children about the goodness and power of God. The Grand Canyon is a pile of rocks that God has placed to remind us of His greatness and power.” I will forever be changed by my trip down the river. And forever grateful for this experience.
- Dr. Jart BB+ Cream. I know this has been a cult classic for everyone for years, but I have just recently tried it out! I love to wear a full face of makeup( I know, I am weird), but I was getting ready for my big rafting trip to the Grand Canyon(full recap to come on this!) and needed something that was a little but easier and natural. I got a sample from Sephora and was shopping around a bit when I landed on the A-BB-C travel set and it was exactly what I needed for my trip! It turned out perfect! I wore just the BB cream down in the Canyon, and with a little Mineral Veil back up in the Rim World. Best BB Cream ever!
- Tony Moly. Have y’all tried these products?!? I have had couple of the masks and loved them! My little Sis picked up the peach lip balm the other day and it is so good! I am a sucker for anything peach! I pretty much want everything that they make!
- Brokenness Aside by All Sons and Daughters. I have been listening to these folks lately and have been blessed. Hope you will be as well. “I am a sinner
If it’s not one thing it’s another caught up in words tangled in lies but You are a Savior and you take brokenness aside and make it beautiful “
Photo courtesy of the awesome @katherinegking at the beautiful Hotel Emma.
My time in TX started off with a quick trip down to the Gulf for some long board surfing. I had never been, so it was a blast to try it out! I didn’t get to stand, but made it to my knees for approximately 2 seconds. WHOOP WHOOP! Look out Bethany Hamilton!
The rest of my time was spent hanging out with friends, swimming in the pool and exploring San Antonio! We made it to Lick for National Ice Cream Day. I had their Dewberry Corn Cobbler. So good! One night we went out for burgers and bowling. We went to Hopdoddy for burgers, and I have to say that it might be one of my top 3 burgers ever! Bowling at Bowl and Barrel was a blast. I didn’t win, but bowling is in my blood and the bowler in me tend to come out sometimes. LOL.
The best part though was the time I got to spend with these girls. Sometimes it is just so nice to spend time with women who believe and strive for the same things in life. I didn’t realized how much I had missed that special girl time. My older sister( and BFF) got married and moved away this past spring, and I have missed that time spent discussing and chatting with the knowledge that the other person knows where you are coming from. Know what I mean? I have five younger sisters that I am close to but it’s different when you have to be the role model;) I felt so refreshed and encouraged!
Daniel and I headed down to TX for some much-needed friend time last weekend. After flying into Austin, we got picked up by the gang and headed to Torchy’s Tacos! So good! I had The Independent. Best mushroom taco I have ever had!
We wanted to find a super hipster coffee shop, so we started towards the Capitol and found Houndstooth Coffee. Super Hipster, but friendly staff. The girl working the register was actually from Milwaukee, so we were able to bond over our love for stone creek. I had the vanilla cold brew, perfect for the 100 degree weather.
We were able to walk over to the capital and walk around. I was a little disappointed that they didn’t have a portrait of John Wayne on the wall, but I was informed that he did not actually settle Texas.
That was my time in Austin. Stayed tuned for a recap of my first surfing experience and the rest of my time spent in San Antonio!
I am on snapchat as brookealline is you want to watch my life.
My family headed down to Cincinnati on the 4th for the Ark Encounter ribbon cutting. We have been waiting and praying for this project for about two years, and it was so neat to be able to see the project open. The Ark Encounter is about 35 min. south of Cincinnati in williamstown, KY. It is a full size model of the Ark that God told Noah to build in Genesis. It is HUGE! They are still working on completing it 100%, but it is already an excellent museum/attraction. Along with the exhibits presenting proof that a world wide flood happened and how we can believe the Bible is true, they also have a petting zoo, restaurant and zip line. The gift shop was really great too! They had a beautiful section of fair trade gifts and accessories. They also have a small exhibit on loan from the National Bible Museum that is opening in DC next year. This is definitely a museum that I am looking forward to seeing!
We didn’t get to check out the food scene in Cincinnati but we did get to eat at a family favorite, Aladdins Eatery. We all were humming our happy tummy songs during this meal! Amazing shwarma! The mint tea is killer and make sure you order the dip sampler if you go!
We headed home early Wednesday morning. We didn’t pass Indianapolis at the right time, but if we had I was fully prepared to beg for a stop at Milktooth.